A Case for Giving
A major gift is transformative and can touch every corner of the University. A major gift allows us to promote excellence in UNH’s research programs, recruit and retain the most deserving and brightest students and attract and support top-notch faculty. Major gifts have provided desperately needed scholarships, taken a program to a new level and provided financial stability to a signature program. A major gift is lasting: they can provide support in perpetuity.
Donors make major gifts for many reasons, including:
- to make a difference—for a student, a professor, a department, or a program.
- to remember someone you love or respect—by naming a scholarship, a professorship, a lectureship—even a building.
- to maintain an interest or affinity in a particular program you want to see grow and succeed.
- to show your gratitude for your UNH experience.
- to demonstrate your leadership and your support for higher education in New Hampshire.
- to challenge others to give.
- to support your financial or estate planning through philanthropic tax advantages.
- to be recognized and join your peers in giving. At UNH, we believe there are compelling reasons for each of our alumni and friends to give.
When you decide to give, you will have many opportunities to make a difference.
Where will your gift go?
You may target your gift to a specific area or you may give an unrestricted gift for the University to use for its greatest need.
What type of gift should you make?
There are many ways to give, including some that result in great financial benefit for you and your family.
How will we recognize your gift?
We are proud of our supporters and have established giving societies and other forms of recognition to say thank you.
How can you make a gift?
Please contact Susan Halloran, Associate Vice President for Development at (603) 862-4940 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About the Foundation
- Invest in UNH
- Endowed Funds
- Annual Fund
- Major Gifts
- Gift Planning
- Athletics Development
- Make a Gift to Athletics
- Friends Groups
- NCAA Compliance Education
- Hall of Fame
- Cat Tracker Newsletter
- 1991 Yankee Conference Champs
- A Celebration of Support
- A Key Assist
- A Lasting Gift
- A Legacy for Athletics
- Athletics Hall of Fame Inducts Six
- Big Wins
- Born Leader
- Cat Corner
- Finding a Way to Do More
- From the Athletic Director
- Going the Distance
- Hall of Fame 2014
- Honoring a Lifelong Love Affair with UNH Athletics
- Jared Allison Named First David M. Paul Family Fotball Scholarship Recipient
- Know the Score
- New Hockey Endowment Honors Former Coach
- Passing It Forward
- Scholarship Boosts Nordic Ski Team
- Skiing Support
- Taking It To The Next Level
- The Future Edge—On and Off the Field
- Watching a Dream Come True
- Win-Win for Student-Athletes
- Annual Giving
- Endowed Funds
- Capital Projects
- Contact Us
- Photo Galleries of Events
- Booster Guide: Do's and Don'ts
- News and Events
- Stadium Central
- Wildcat Fund Football Parking
- Corporate and Foundation Giving
- How to Give
- Gifts at Work
- Hamel Scholars Program
- Hubbard Award
- Nomination Form
- Past Recipients
- 2001: K. v. R. Dey Jr. ’48
- 2002: Lewis M. Feldstein
- 2003: Frederick B. Whittemore
- 2004: Arnold P. ’48 and Della A. Hanson
- 2005: The David and Rosamund Putnam Family
- 2006: Forrest D. McKerley ’57
- 2007: S. Melvin ’47 and Mary Jo Rines
- 2008: Edward A. Fish ’58
- 2009: David Steelman ’67, ’70G and Virginia Theo-Steelman ’62, ’69G
- 2010: The Honorable Walter R. Peterson and Dorothy D. Peterson
- 2011: James ’07P and Anne ’07P Loomis
- 2012: Dana A. Hamel ’88P
- 2013: Thomas W. Haas
- Contact Us
- Donor Honor Roll