Parents have a special tie to UNH. Many parents choose to give to The UNH Fund—Parents as a way of feeling more connected to their students. To learn more, read the letter from a UNH parent below. And for information on parent services and events, check out the UNH Parents Association.
As the mother of five UNH students (three who have graduated) and a supporter of the Parents Fund myself, I’d like you to consider joining me in making a gift this year.
Why support the Parents Fund, when we already pay so much for tuition and fees, room and board, and what seems like an endless list of other necessities? The answers are many, but for me, it comes down to this: I care about my children, the quality of their education and I care about the wide range of programs UNH sponsors which strive to help all UNH students make wise and safe choices.
I’ve been fortunate enough to have the time to become deeply involved with UNH; this is my 11th year as a volunteer with the UNH Parents Council. Over the past decade, I’ve had the opportunity to serve the Council not only as a president, but also as chairperson of the University Relations Committee and as a liaison to the Alumni Association, Campus Recreation, the Center for Academic Resources, as well as First Year Programs/Orientation, Greek Life, Legislative Advocacy, and Residential Life committees/departments. I have also served as a five-year member of the Parents Council Gift Committee.
I’m sharing this because I’ve been given the extraordinary opportunity, as a parent, to see so much of the “behind-the-scenes” work that UNH faculty and staff do to ensure that our students have many excellent choices. My involvement has only served to reaffirm our decision as a family to have our students attend UNH. I’ve seen, first-hand, how much these people care about our children’s success.
You may not know that the state contributes less than 14% of the operating budget to UNH. More than 80 percent of UNH students receive some form of aid, including grants, scholarships, and college work-study. Gifts to the Parents Fund not only have an immediate impact on the quality of your child’s education, they help make higher education possible for all students.
With these thoughts in mind, I ask you to consider joining me in support of the UNH Parents Fund with a gift of $60.
Thank you, in advance, for your support. Together, our giving helps UNH change the world, one student at a time.
Parent of Marissa,’01; Britton,’04; Zachary ’07, G’10; Kendall,’11
P.S. If you’d like to learn more about opportunities as a Parent, or would like more information on how to get involved with The UNH Fund, please call (800) 738-7426.
- About the Foundation
- Development Staff Directory
- Financial Report
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Honor Roll of Donors 2011-2012
- Honor Roll and Annual Report to Donors 2009-2010
- Endowment Management
- Invest in UNH
- Endowed Funds
- The UNH Fund
- Major Gifts
- Gift Planning
- Athletics Development
- Make a Gift to Athletics
- Friends Groups
- Hall of Fame
- Cat Tracker Newsletter
- 1991 Yankee Conference Champs
- A Celebration of Support
- A Key Assist
- A Lasting Gift
- A Legacy for Athletics
- Athletics Hall of Fame Inducts Six
- Big Wins
- Born Leader
- Cat Corner
- From the Athletic Director
- Going the Distance
- Jared Allison Named First David M. Paul Family Fotball Scholarship Recipient
- New Hockey Endowment Honors Former Coach
- Passing It Forward
- Scholarship Boosts Nordic Ski Team
- Skiing Support
- Taking It To The Next Level
- Annual Giving
- Endowed Funds
- Capital Projects
- Contact Us
- Photo Galleries of Events
- Corporate and Foundation Giving
- How to Give
- URC Fund
- Make a Gift
- Gifts at Work
- Philanthropy in Action
- Hamel Scholars Program
- Hubbard Award
- Nomination Form
- Past Recipients
- 2001: K. v. R. Dey Jr. ’48
- 2002: Lewis M. Feldstein
- 2003: Frederick B. Whittemore
- 2004: Arnold P. ’48 and Della A. Hanson
- 2005: The David and Rosamund Putnam Family
- 2006: Forrest D. McKerley ’57
- 2007: S. Melvin ’47 and Mary Jo Rines
- 2008: Edward A. Fish ’58
- 2009: David Steelman ’67, ’70G and Virginia Theo-Steelman ’62, ’69G
- 2010: The Honorable Walter R. Peterson and Dorothy D. Peterson
- 2011: James ’07P and Anne ’07P Loomis
- Contact Us
- Make a Gift
- Donor Honor Roll